Section 1 Contact information for the responsible party and data protection officer
Regarding personal data collected during the registration process for the DGPPN Congress, the German Association for Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics (DGPPN), Reinhardtstrasse 29, 10117 Berlin, Germany (Tel: +49-30-240 477 20, Email: email@example.com) is the controller in accordance with Article 4 Paragraph 7 of the European General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). The congress registration site [https://events.mcon-mannheim.de/frontend/index.php?sub=369] is maintained by m:con – mannheim:congress GmbH. m:con was commissioned by the DGPPN to organise the scientific part of the DGPPN Congress. Regarding data protection, m:con is fully suited to process the participant data collected during the congress registration process. A data protection agreement for data processing has been concluded between the DGPPN and m:con.
You are welcome to contact the DGPPN or m:con regarding data protection, as follows:
DGPPN representatives responsible in accordance with the GDPR
Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Meyer-Lindenberg
Processor for the DGPPN
m:con – mannheim:congress GmbH,
You are also welcome to contact the data protection officer at m:con, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 2 General information, definition of terms
(1) The DGPPN is the organiser of the DGPPN Congress and offers interested parties the opportunity to attend this event as participants.
The DGPPN has commissioned m:con – mannheim:congress GmbH, Rosengartenplatz 2, 68161 Mannheim, Germany (hereinafter: m:con) to organise and execute the DGPPN Congress as a service provider.
m:con is a company whose service portfolio includes the planning, organisation and execution of events of all kinds, in particular congresses (medical-scientific), (scientific) conferences, general meetings, trade fairs, exhibitions, seminars, training events and other commercial events, including event registration management. m:con holds these events at the Congress Center Rosengarten Mannheim or other venues (e.g. CityCube Berlin), on behalf of itself, as an organiser or as a service provider for another organiser (here the DGPPN).
(2) In the following, we would like to inform you about the personal data we collect when you use this website and the services offered here. Personal data are all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(3) In addition to presenting information on this website, we also offer various services (e.g. congress registration) which you can use if you are interested. In this case, you will normally have to provide additional personal data which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(4) The terms used in this data protection declaration correspond with those used in the GDPR. In addition, the following terms are used:
(5) In some cases, m:con will use external service providers to process the data collected on this website. These service providers were carefully chosen and commissioned by m:con, are bound by instructions from m:con and the DGPPN and are regularly monitored.
(6) If the main establishment of a service provider or m:con partner is in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), m:con will inform you about the consequences of this situation in the description of their services.
Section 3 Collection of personal data when visiting this website
(1) If you are using this website for information purposes only, m:con will only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to its server. If you would like to view this website, m:con will collect the following data, which are technically necessary for displaying the website and ensuring it is stable and secure (the legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Point f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of request
– Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (specific site)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Amount of data transferred in each case
– Website from which the request comes
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, when you use this website cookies will be stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your hard drive and assigned to the browser you are using. They enable certain information to flow to the party that sets the cookie (here: m:con). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer but serve to make the website more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and functionality are explained below:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser and include in particular session cookies. Session cookies store a so-called session ID, which allows various requests from your browser to be assigned to the joint session. This enables your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predefined period, which can differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please note that if you refuse to accept some or all cookies you may not be able to use all the features of this website.
(4) This website uses various types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are shown in the tabular list in Section 11.
Section 4 Contacting us
(1) When you contact m:con by email or a contact form, m:con will save the data you provide (your email address and your name and telephone number, if provided) so that they can answer your questions. m:con will delete these data as soon as they no longer need to be saved or will limit the processing of these data if there are statutory retention obligations. The legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Point b GDPR.
(2) m:con may use contracted service providers for individual functions of a service or may like to use your data for advertising purposes, and you can find detailed information about these processes below. The defined criteria for storage duration and deletion are also given there.
Section 5 Newsletter sent by m:con
(1) If you chose during the registration process to be kept informed about the DGPPN Congress or other DGPPN events, m:con will send you information on behalf of the DGPPN. This information covers the planning, organisation and execution of the current congress, as well as congresses in subsequent years or other DGPPN events. m:con will send the newsletter on behalf of the DGPPN via the service provider CleverReach.
(2) The only information we require for sending the newsletter is your email address. Any other, separately marked data you share is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. Once you have consented, we will save your email address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Point a GDPR.
(3) After you have agreed to receive the newsletter, you can withdraw your consent at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can withdraw your consent simply by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email.
Data are only collected in a pseudonymized form, so the IDs are not linked to your other personal data and it is impossible to identify you personally.
(4) The so-called double opt-in procedure will be used when registering for the DGPPN newsletter. This means that after you have registered, m:con will send an email to the email address you provided asking you to confirm that you would like to receive the newsletter. You will only receive the newsletter once you have confirmed your registration. In addition, m:con will save the IP addresses used for the registration and confirmation, as well as the time. The purpose of this procedure is to verify your registration and, if necessary, to clarify a possible misuse of your personal data.
(5) To send the newsletter, m:con uses the newsletter tool of the DIN ISO/IEC 27001-certified company CleverReach. m:con uses this tool to create and manage the newsletter. The necessary data from the newsletter recipient are made available via the web on a CleverReach server. Only m:con, the responsible party that is acting on behalf of the DGPPN, has access to these data. The collaboration between m:con and CleverReach is based on a contractual agreement. CleverReach’s General Terms and Conditions can be viewed at https://www.cleverreach.com/en-de/terms-of-service/. The section on data protection in the General Terms and Conditions and the information at https://www.cleverreach.com/en-de/data-security/ describe how data are dealt with in accordance with data protection regulations.
The newsletter tool analyses the distribution of the newsletter. When you submit your data in the newsletter registration form, you agree to the data processing by CleverReach to the known extent. The cookies used for this purpose are described separately below.
Section 6 User account and event registration
(1) If you would like to attend the DGPPPN Congress, you must create a user account and register for the congress. It is not possible to use a guest user account or to register for an event without creating a user account.
(2) The personal data processed during the registration process differ depending on whether you
a) are attending the congress as a participant,
b) are submitting, evaluating or giving an expert opinion on contributions to the programme for the congress,
c) or are using other congress-related services provided or facilitated by m:con, such as
i. the application for continuing education credits from and the issuing of continuing education certificates by the Berlin Chamber of Physicians.
ii. hotel bookings and reservations
iii. meals and hospitality (catering services)
iv. coordination of presentations (acceptance or rejection of invitations to give presentations).
(3) The first time you create your own user account to register for the congress or a customer account to submit a contribution for the programme, m:con will collect your contact information (title, first and last names, address, email) on behalf of the DGPPN and ask you to choose a username and password. This information will be used to create a user account. You will then be able to log in and use other services with these login details (username and password).
If you create a user account on behalf of a third party, m:con will process the data you provide. In this case, you must ensure that you are entitled to provide these data.
You are obliged to treat your login details confidentially, not to disclose them to any third party and to store them in such a way that third parties do not gain access to them, not even accidentally. You are also obliged not to allow third parties to use your user account with your login details.
If you are worried that third parties have obtained your login details or they are being misused, you are obliged to immediately inform m:con or the DGPPN in writing or by email.
You are generally liable for all activities that are carried out with your user account, unless you are not responsible for the misuse of your user account because there is no violation of the existing duties of care.
Section 7 Attending events as a participant
(1) Creating a user account will allow you to register for the DGPPN Congress.
(2) The registration process is preceded by a preliminary question about participant category. This question checks whether a participant is entitled to discounts. Additional information has to be collected to check whether participants are entitled to discounts.
If you choose the category “Students and trainees”, once you have registered you must submit proof of enrolment in a course of studies for review. The proof must be submitted via the “Upload” button. Proof of eligibility must also be uploaded for the following participant categories: “New Member”, “In training as a psychological psychotherapist”, “Scholarship for medical students”, “Scholarship for students of other disciplines”, “Doctoral students”, “Retired people”, “People on parental leave”, “Severely disabled people”, “Recipients of unemployment benefits such as the Jobseeker’s Allowance (Arbeitslosengeld) or Citizen's Income (Bürgergeld)” and “Press representatives”.
If you have any questions, you may contact the person responsible for the DGPPN Congress; the contact details will be provided during the registration process.
If you choose the category “Member”, your information will be compared with the information provided by the DGPPN, DGKJP, ÖGKJP, ÖGPP, SGPP or SGKJPP.
(3) Once you have answered the preliminary question and clicked on “Start registration”, you will start the registration process. Here, you will choose the individual (fee-based) parts of the event (attendance at the event; participation in workshops or other parts of the event).
The mandatory information required to carry out the registration process is marked with an asterisk. The data from the mandatory fields will be processed to fulfil the contract.
a) Places where information must be provided to enable the provision of services are marked as mandatory fields.
The legal basis for processing information in the mandatory fields is Article 6 (1) b of the European General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR).
b) You can choose whether or not to provide information in voluntary fields, e.g. subscribing to newsletter or providing information for marketing purposes. This voluntary information enables
With this information you decide yourself which data the DGPPN receives from you. Provision of informed consent is voluntary. You can refuse to provide consent without any negative consequences and, if you do provide consent, you can withdraw it at any time.
The legal basis for processing information in the voluntary fields is Article 6 (1) Points a and f of the EU GDPR.
c) Information on processing of your personal data in relation to funding through the “Congress Funds Berlin”
This event is eligible to receive funding from the Berlin Senate Department for Economy, Energy and Businesses as part of the funding programme “Congress Funds Berlin”. The amount of the funding/financial contribution is mainly based on the number of participants at the DGPPN Congress.
The processing of your personal data in relation to the funding programme is based on Section 6, Paragraph 1, Point e of the EU GDPR because processing is required to verify the funding requirements of the funding programme “Congress Funds Berlin”. The State of Berlin awards grants to support the event and congress economy in the capital city in accordance with the funding guidelines of the “Congress Funds Berlin” on the basis of Paragraphs 23 and 44 of the regional budgetary regulations, the respective implementation regulations and the general ancillary provisions for grants for project funding.
If funding for the DGPPN Congress is applied for and granted in the current year, participants will be informed in detail about the transfer of their data to the respective entity processing the data on behalf of the state of Berlin. If transfer of data is necessary to receive the funding, it will take place after the DGPPN Congress. Participants will be given sufficient prior notice of the data transfer and will be granted the right to object to it.
d) Finalising the registration process
Before finalising the registration process, submission of contributions or ordering of other services, you will confirm that you have taken note of our General Terms and Conditions and Data Protection Regulations by clicking on the button; in the case of telephone orders, you will verbally declare that you have taken note of and agree to the Data Protection Regulations valid at that time.
Subsequently, you will receive a summary of the various parts of the event that you have registered for. In the next step, you can choose the means of payment and complete your registration by confirming the General Terms and Conditions.
The legal basis for processing information in the mandatory fields is Article 6 (1) b, and f of the European General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR).
e) Payment processing
For online registrations, m:con offers payment by SEPA Direct Debit or advance payment by bank transfer. Payment by bank transfer is no longer possible in the two weeks before the start of the congress. From this time on, you will also have the option to pay for your registration by credit card.
The information required to process your order will be transmitted to the relevant payment service provider, depending on the payment method you chose, or may be collected directly from you.
The payment service provider will be responsible for your payment details.
The legal basis for processes related to payment processing and any payment claims and enforcement is Article 6 Section 1 Sentence 1 Point b of the GDPR.
The legal basis for processes related to tax audits and the preparation of annual financial statements is Article 6 Section 1 Sentence 1 Point c of the GDPR.
Section 8 Submission of contributions to the programme
(1) You can also use your user account to submit contributions to the DGPPN Congress. The guidelines for submitting the abstract are explained before you have to provide general information about the contribution in mandatory fields (title of the contribution, type of presentation, topic).
(2) You will also be asked whether you are submitting the contribution on your own behalf (as the author), on behalf of someone else (for a third party) or jointly with someone else (a co-author). If you are submitting a contribution on behalf of a third party or jointly with a co-author, you declare that you have obtained the approval of the third party or co-author.
(3) If you have asked m:con or the DGPPN by telephone or email to submit a contribution to the programme, they will submit the contribution for you and/or your co-authors and will then inform you and/or your co-authors by email about the submission.
Section 9 Other services
During the registration process you can also use other services that m:con provides or facilitates:
(1) CME points
As a separate service for the DGPPN congress, continuing medical education (CME) points can be applied for from the responsible Berlin Chamber of Physicians, provided congress participants meet the requirements of the respective continuing education regulations of the state medical association. For this purpose, the participant’s presence will be recorded by scanning their name badge several times a day. The presence of online participants will be tracked automatically on the digital platform via their ID number. The electronic recording serves only as proof of presence, which is a requirement of the state medical association for awarding CME points. Acquired CME points can then be forwarded to the state medical association by m:con, as long as the congress participant gives m:con their permission and has told them his or her unique continuing education identification number (EFN).
To use this service, you must enter your unique continuing education identification number (EFN) in the corresponding field. By providing this information, you give m:con permission to forward to the state medical association the information that is necessary for issuing a CME certificate.
The provision of your unique continuing education identification number (EFN) and the use of this service are voluntary. You can refuse to provide consent without any negative consequences and, if you do provide consent, you can withdraw it at any time. In this case, please note that the CME points you have earned will not be automatically forwarded to the state medical association.
(2) Hotel reservations
For selected events m:con offers a hotel accommodation service (hotel bookings and reservations) as an additional service.
If you use this service, you give m:con permission to forward the data required to undertake this service (title, first and last names, address, email) and payment information (type of payment, invoice address, payment details for accounting purposes) to the respective external service provider (here: accommodation; hotel).
(3) Meals and hospitality (so-called catering services)
For selected events, catering and hospitality services (so-called catering services) will be offered for certain (fee-based) parts of the event (attendance at the event; participation in workshops or other parts of the event).
If you choose to use this service, m:con may ask you to state your dietary needs. The sole purpose of this question is to ensure that the catering company can plan and coordinate catering and hospitality as required.
By using this service, you give m:con permission to send the data required to process this service to the appropriate external service provider (here: catering service provider).
Section 10 Customer management system
(1) m:con uses customer management software to process data, which may also be personal data, for the purposes of:
These data include data that are collected about you in the context of Sections 3 to 9, data that you provide and data from other sources that are legally collected in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR.
(2) The legal basis for the processing of these data is Article 6 (1) Points a and f EU GDPR and for data from the mandatory fields, Article 6 (1), Point b of the EU GDPR.
Section 11 Tabular list of cookies
|Statistics cookies help website owners understand how participants interact with a website by anonymously collecting and reporting information.|
|cr_client||Persistent cookie, http||Recognition of the CleverReach account||14 days||CleverReach|
|cr_mailing||Persistent cookie, http||Recognition of the mailing ID||14 days||CleverReach|
|cr_user||Persistent cookie, http||Recognition of the mailing ID||14 days||CleverReach|
|PHPSESSID||Transient cookies||Identification of a user session||Session||Converia|
|checkin_list_id||Transient cookies||Provision of information in participant check-in module (administrative)||Session||Converia|
|Converia_Be_SID||Transient cookies||Identification of a back-end user||Session||Converia|
|Converia_SID||Transient cookies||Identification of a front-end user||Session||Converia|
Section 12 Security certificates
This website, including its subpages, uses encrypted transmission to ensure that personal data are transmitted securely. A certificate is used for encryption.
Section 13 Your rights
(1) With regard to your personal data, you have the following rights vis-à-vis the DGPPN and m:con:
– Right of access
– Right to rectification and erasure
– Right to restriction of processing
– Right to object
– Right to data portability
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us (m:con und DGPPN).
Section 14 Objection to or withdrawal of consent for processing your data
(1) If you have consented to the processing of your data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent affects the legitimacy of the processing of your personal data once you have informed the DGPPN or m:con.
(2) If the processing of your personal data is based on a legitimate interest, you can object to the processing. This is the case in particular if the processing is not necessary to fulfil a contract with you, as illustrated in the following description of the functions. When exercising your right to object to processing, we ask that you please give the reasons why your personal data should not be processed as described above. If your objection is justified, the circumstances will be examined. The DGPPN and m:con will cease or adjust data processing or will give you compelling, legitimate reasons why the data must continue to be processed.
(3) Of course, at any time you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising or data analysis purposes. You can inform us about your objection to advertising using the contact details presented in Section 1.
Section 15 Storage and deletion
The collected data will be deleted once they no longer need to be stored or if you have exercised your right to object to processing or right to erasure, as long as their deletion is not contradicted by a legal obligation to retain them (for example as documentation for accounting reasons related to the German fiscal, commercial or value added tax laws) or a legitimate interest in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Point f GDPR.
Legal retention periods may dictate that the data have to be saved for up to 10 years.
Legitimate interests hereby include (i) initiating contact for contract negotiations; (ii) maintenance of customer and business relationships; (iii) documenting such relationships; (iv) complaint and quality management; (v) for direct advertising to send you information about and offers for events that are being held or managed by the DGPPN or m:con; (vi) to allow us to answer your inquiry faster and in a more targeted way when initiating a new business transaction with you and to create a more tailored offer for you; and (viii) asserting and, if necessary, enforcing payment claims in case of payment defaults, for which m:con will also prepare legal actions, as required.
Section 16 DGPPN Congress 2023
(1) On-site Event und Livestreaming
The DGPPN Congress 2023 will take place as a live event in Berlin and will also have a digital programme component. All parts of the programme will take place on site. Some of the on-site events will be livestreamed on a password-protected online platform and also recorded and made available as videos on demand. The videos on demand will only be available to registered participants after the congress until 31 March 2024. By submitting an abstract, speakers/discussants agree with the livestreaming and recording for video-on-demand and accept the General Terms and Conditions.
(2) Third-party services for the DGPPN Congress 2023
Besides m:con the following third-party providers have been commissioned to perform the DGPPN Congress 2023:
The organiser reserves the right to change the third-party services if necessary. Data protection compliant solutions will be carefully considered in this case.
Webtracking on this site is: